Sunday, April 12, 2009

Giving up seats

Two girls board a crowded bus and one of them whispers to the other,
"Watch me embarrass a man into giving me his seat."
Pushing her way through the crowd,
she turned all of her charms upon a gentleman who looked like he might embarrass easily.
"My dear Mr. Wilson," she gushed,
"Fancy meeting you here on the bus.
Am I glad to see you! Why you're almost a stranger.
My, but I'm tired!"
The sedate gent looked up at the girl. He had never seen her before
but he rose and said pleasantly,
"Sit down, Mary, my girl. It isn't often I see you on washday.
No wonder you're tired. Being pregnant isn't easy.
By the way, don't deliver the wash until Thursday.
My wife is going to the District Attorney's office to see whether
or not she can get your husband out of jail."

via

No comments: